This time around, we’re using a realtor referral from my close girlfriend. Not gonna lie, it feels really cool to have a realtor who is my own age. We’re texting, having fun conversation, and we trust that she knows what we’re looking for.Continue reading
Family-ready finally happened, and it was this weekend. After an (alleged) rainy weekend at the Fernbank Natural History museum and the Inman Park Festival with the family, I went to the Georgia Renaissance Festival with three girlfriends as well. There was very little weekend reading done.
But I have another short work week ahead, flying back up to Virginia for my next Board of Governors meeting. Aside from my usual governing and presiding, I’m hoping to sneak in a Varsity softball game and the Van Gogh exhibit in Richmond. In the meantime, here are some new articles I’m keeping in my back pocket:
- 20 THINGS TO DO WHEN YOU’RE 30 THAT WILL MAKE LIFE BETTER AT 50. I don’t mean for this to be in All Caps, but it was a good list. I’ll be turning 30 in 4 more months.
- Sheryl Sandberg Is On Team Hillary. I not-so-secretly want to be on Hillary’s campaign as a Georgia staff member, or more if she’ll let me…
- How to shop like a chef in Atlanta: 5 stores for unique goods. After our big trip, I’ll be happy to get things back to normal. And normal includes going out on weekends and finding new stuff around Atlanta. It’s shaping up to be a very fun summer.
- The New Orleans Bucket List via Thrillist. Part of the upcoming summer includes a post birthday trip to New Orleans. It’s in the beginning stages of planning, but this list has popped up in my browser a few times. It’ll be my first non-work trip to NoLA.
- All the Light We Cannot See. The newest Pulitzer Prize winner. I’ve had this on my reading list for awhile. In addition to everything that I’m saving until after our trip, I’m looking forward to buying books again.
Have a good week, readers! In the meantime, here are some shots from the weekend.
Proof + Pinewood
On Saturday, we went with some friends to a special Proof Syrup tasting at The Pinewood in Decatur, GA. We’ve been huge fans of this restaurant since they opened 3 years ago. At it’s heart, it’s a whiskey bar that serves awesome southern food. They have House Old-Fashioneds on draft and some of the most passionate bartenders and mixologists around.
From their catering experience, they decided to make their own batches of cocktail syrups to save time. Now, Proof Syrups is available to buy in stores in a variety of flavors. For this ScoutMob cocktail tasting, we had three old-fashioneds with each flavor of syrup, which combines the simple syrup, bitters and citrus. Just add alcohol, and your cocktail is complete.
This post is not sponsored by The Pinewood or ScoutMob. I’m just a local fan…