Next week, I will be off to Boston for work. It’ll be my first time in Boston on non-rowing related business. I went for the first time in college and have visited three times since for the Head of the Charles in October. Nothing like kamikaze coxswains and a traffic jam on the Charles River to really ruin your taste for city. However, despite the cold and possible snow, I am looking forward to hanging out in Boston without being cold, wet and broke.
Here are is week’s Sunday Reading, not from bed but from 10,000 feet:
- 5 Extremely Satisfying Reasons Girls Shouldn’t Be Afraid To Do Things Alone from The Thought Catalog. “If you don’t teach your children how to be alone, they only know how to be lonely.” I love this quote and this mentality. Check out the MIT article it’s from: Alone Together.
- Ten House Rules from Cupcakes &Cashmere. Makes me think about what our house rules are, and when I should blog about them.
- 28 Simple & Natural Ways to Detox your Body from Bembu. I read this article in December to get ideas about my health resolutions for the year. Some things are pretty easy and have become staples in my routine. Try a couple out.
- 20 Signs You’re Doing Better Than You Think You Are from Pulptastic. The thought of “not being further along” goes through my head every other minute. Thanks to this article for keeping things in check.
- The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion. In anticipation of finishing The Beautiful and Damned this week, I am bringing this book with me for the flight back to Atlanta.
Have a good weekend!